Apr 20, 2009

Vannila Cornmeal Cake ~~ 250th Post

Well, time sure runs fast these days...or is it my posts than the days which are running in a more faster pace with all due help and support from my lovely contributors...Lotz have happened, both gud ones and bad ones from my journey starting from 200th to 250th post...To be frank, I was juz nt in a mood for all this chitchats..but finally somehow found tat tis was the best way i cud get out with all tat was troubling me...Now don't get confused...This post is sure a special one n ur sure to get the cornmeal cake recipe :) I've got 2 gud and sweet reasons for the cake but one not so gud one in queue too...Tatz life nways...filled with both joy n sorrow..the first sweet reason, the reason for this cake being baked...It was baked on april 14th 2009...On our personal Valentines Day....yeah, u heard it rite..ourz was a love marriage n hubby dear proposed me on April 14th 2006 :) so Mr.K alwayz makes it a point tat the valentine's celeb is never on Feb 14th for us...rather itz on our very own special April 14th...well, since all i wanted was a celebration, the date juz does nt seem to matter a lot..itz more personal n happy wen u hav ur own day for love...rite guys :) So this was the reason for the vannila cornmeal cake...Having said the happy news first, i want to go ahead with the hard part of the post nw...yeah, the bitter one...Don't worry, i've got another happy news to end the note...

Bitter part of the post...A kid who I know personally has been diagonsed with blood cancer...n the kid is juz 11 months old...god, if he exists, sure must have been crazy to have given the lil one such a pain...the only gud thing abt it is tat he was dignosed at the beginning stage and so things are believed to come back to normal with the lil one soon...It has taken me days to digest this news and I'm yet to come out of it fully...It was one big reason which has holded me back from my daily routines and blog work...our prayers will be there for you always da thangam...waiting to c ur innocent smile soon...
Final part of the blog...as I already mentioned tat it was goin to end up with a gud news...we hav bought a new car...it has been our dream for the past one year...after so many hinderances finally here v r, with our dream car....Havin said all tat I had, time to move on with the recipe...I knw I've been totally off track with this post, but who else do I have to share all this, if not u guys...thanx for making my heart feel more lighter and once again Thanx sooooo much for all ur support guys...Keep visiting, contributing and commenting on my blog....Take care n C ya :)


Ingredients:
  • Eggs - 4
  • Sugar - 2 cups
  • Oil - 1/2 cup (canola or similar)
  • Cornmeal - 1 cup
  • Milk - 1cup
  • All purpose flour or cake flour - 1 cup
  • baking powder - 1 tbsp
  • Vannila Essence - 1 tbsp
Preparation:

Preheat oven at 350degreesF. Butter a non-stick 30cm cake pan well and set aside.
Whisk together Eggs, sugar and oil. Make sure you beat the ingredients well to a mix. Then mix cornmeal with warm milk in another separate bowl. Mix the two beaten ingredients (eggs mixture and the cornmeal mixture) together now. Sift the all purpose flour and baking powder and add it to the batter at this stage. Whisk well. To this add some vannila essence and mix well with the cake batter. Pour this to the already butter spread cake pan. Make sure you fill only 2/3 rds of the pan. Bake it for 15 minutes. After 30 minutes, check if the cake is done by inserting a toothpick in the center of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, then the cake is ready. Else bake the cake till it passes the toothpick test. Once the cake is ready, take it out from the oven and cool it at room temperature for 10 minutes. Then remove the cake from the pan and serve it topping it with some fresh cream.


Also a special Thanks to Sanghi for sharing the "Lovely Blog award"...You made me feel special da...



This award comes with the following rules:
1) Add the logo of the award to your blog.
2) Add a link to the person who awarded it to you.
3) Nominate at least 7 other blogs (Only if you like).
4) Add links to those blogs on your blog.
5) Leave a message for your nominees on their blog.

I'm passing this to the blogs which i love and to some of my new and always evergreen friends...

1. Gayathri's http://hindutradition.blogspot.com/

2. Padma's http://www.padmasrecipes.blogspot.com/

3. DV's http://divya-dilse.blogspot.com/

4. Anu's http://www.myscrawls.com/

5. Veda's http://iyengarskitchen.blogspot.com/

6. Pooja's http://saikitchen.blogspot.com/

7. http://simpleindianfood.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

  1. I was planning to post a cake sooner... This recipe looks great shall try it soon... Shall come back for the pic...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your 250th post dear. Aadi will surely be in our prayers.

    Hey Thanks dear for thinking of me and passing me the award... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Kavi... upload the photo soon :) and Thanks for the award.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ramya : My computer is driving me crazy currently with some bugs...so juz gimme sometime...wil sure post the pic soon...

    @Anu : Thanx Anu

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats dear... Puthu Ooru , Puthu Car , kalakku Kavitha ... enjoy ...

    And thanks for sharing the award with me ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Gays : thanx...ur wish means a lot to me dear..

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your valuable comments/feedback. If having problems posting them, then you can also contact me at mail4kavi@gmail.com

You May also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape