Jul 28, 2009

Semiya Payasam



This recipe is SUPER SPECIAL not juz for the reason it being a sweet but also cos I got this recipe from hubby dear...to add, not juz the recipe, he prepared it for me last weekend :) Loved it juz like I love my hubby with all my heart...Cooking tastes superb when it is prepared by someone else and all you have to do is juz sit and taste :) and it becomes super delicious when it is prepared by ur hubby himself :D ...Thanks darl...You made my day....again !!! Here comes the HUBBY SPECIAL SEMIYA PAYASAM ;) ..Trust me, it tastes heavenly wen ur hubby prepares it for u ;)

Ingredients:
  • Vermicelli (Semiya) - 3/4 cup 
  • Milk - 1 cup
  • Water -2 cups
  • Sugar - 1.5 cups
  • Ghee - 1 tbsp
  • cardamom pdr - a pinch (or change as req)
  • cashews - as req
  • Raisins - as req

Preparation:

Roast the vermicelli in ghee. To one cup of milk add 2 cups of water + 1.5 cups of sugar and boil well. Once the milk boils and thickens add the roasted vermicelli. Add cardamom pdr as required. I usually add a pinch of it.

In another pan, add ghee cashewnuts + raisins. Saute them for a while and then add them to the payasam.

Simple Semiya Payasam is ready to be served. You can serve it both hot and cold.

7 comments:

  1. first time here..blog hopped from padmas blog.will dig into it more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm..u lucky gal..hubby cooks for you??....nice payasam I should say

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my friends is crazy behind semiya payasam, havent made this in a long time, looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious and yummyy... my fav payasam.. nice entry.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear, yummy payasam.. Am extending the FIl date to 31st.. so do send more..!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks delicious. There is something waiting for u in my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your valuable comments/feedback. If having problems posting them, then you can also contact me at mail4kavi@gmail.com

You May also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape