- White Channa - 2 cups
- onion - 1/2 medium finely chopped
- Red Chilli - 1 or 2
- Ginger - 1 inch or as req
- Coconut - 2 or 3 slices (change as req)
- Coriander leaves
- Hing - a pinch
- Garam masala - 1 tsp
- salt - as req
- Urad dhal - for tempering
- Mustard seeds - for tempering
- Curry leaves - for tempering
- Oil - 1 tsp
- mango - finely chopped - as req (opt)
- Lemon juice - 1/4 tsp
Soak Channa for minimum 5 hrs. Then pressure cook the channa for 2 whistles in light;y salted water. Once done, remove the pressure from the cooker, drain the water and keep the boiled channa aside.
Grind coconut and ginger. Do not add any water.
In a pan, add oil. To this add mustard seeds + urad dhal + red chillies + curry leaves + onion + ground coconut ginger paste + boiled channa + salt + garam masala + hing. Give a toss and then switch off the flame. Garnish with some coriander leaves. You can also add Chopped mango to this. If you don't have mango in strore, add a splash of lemon juice.