Apr 17, 2012

keerai masiyal


You can make this using Arai keerai / Mullai keerai . you can mix it with hot rice + ghee and enjoy . My mom uses the thayir mathu for keerai masiyal ...but my Mother -in-law grinds it in mixie ...here in Uk as I don't have mathu...so I have also grinded it in mixie ..both the ways I love it ...you can follow whichever method you want ...I have given the method as how I did it .

Ingredients needed : 
  • Keerai  - 2 bunch
  • Salt
  • Hing powder
  • Mustard seeds
  • Urid dhal
  • Jeera
  • Dried red chilli 
  • Oil
Method : 

Remove the root ends and wash the bunch well and roughly chop the keerai and heat a kadai and very little water and and the chopped keerai and allow it to boil well ...then drain excess water if any ...then take a blender and add the keerai and when it is cooled ...grind it well just for few secs. will do, then transfer it to the the bowl and add salt + hing powder ..now heat the kadai again and add a tsp. of oil and temper it with mustard seeds when it starts to splutter add urid dhal+ jeera+ dried red chilli and add it to the keerai and mix well and serve it ..

( I couldn't get dried red chilli for few days near my place ...there was no stock in any shop ...so had to use green chilli for tempering )

3 comments:

  1. It has been a long time i made this masiyal, nicely done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keerai masiyal is a family favorite, perfectly done..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Healthy masiyal... Amma makes this... Nice one

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your valuable comments/feedback. If having problems posting them, then you can also contact me at mail4kavi@gmail.com

You May also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...



Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape