I saved this recipe from some website, not sure which one. But it turned out good. Thanks to whosoever it was
RICE FLOUR - 2 CUPS
BESAN - 1 CUP
RED CHILLI POWDER - 2 TSP
SALT - AS NEEDED
ASAFOETIDA - A PINCH
SESAME SEEDS |ELLU 1 TSP
MELTED BUTTER - 2 TBLSP
OIL FOR DEEP FRYING
- In a wide bowl, add the rice flour and gram flour .
- Add in the redchilli powder, salt, sesame seeds,butter and asafoetida.
- Mix this into a soft dough using water.
- Heat oil for deep frying in a kadai.
- Add a portion of dough in the murukku press (use the ribbon pakoda achu) and make a round layer in hot oil.
- When it is done on one side flip this carefully using the ladle.
- When the sizzling sound subsides take it out from the hot oil and drain the excess oil in a kitchen towel.
- Repeat this for the remaining dough.
- Store in airtight container.