This is yet another recipe from Durga. Since I've already given an intro abt her in the Fish fingers recipe, let me move fwd with how she came up with this name. As in any cooking, she went wrong with her sidedish preparation one day and it was this easy-to-prepare shrimp recipe which saved her day :) Now u knw why itz called "Save-the-day" Shrimp :D Letz move on to the recipe, saying a quick thanks to her for sharing it...
- ginger(finely chopped)
- garlic(finely chopped)
- turmeric powder
- besan flour(adhan nambo kadalai maavu)
- rice flour(thamizhaakam- arisi maavu:))
- all purpose flour
- chilly powder
- kung pao stir fry sauce
- wash and devein shrimp.marinate with turmeric powder n salt.
- add besan flour,rice flour and all purpose flour about two teaspoons each(increase the quantity if you are making a large quantity of shrimp).
- now add a little salt n chilly powder to the shrimp batter mix and deep fry till golden brown.
- keep the deep fried shrimp aside .
- now heat a pan with a little oil.
- add the finely chopped ginger,garlic and diced onions and stir fry them.
- now add the kung pao sauce and a little salt.
- add the shrimp to sauce and stir fry for a few minutes.
- serve hot.
Note : If you are too health-conscious then you can skip the shrimp fry part and juz cook it in the prepared sauce. It tastes yummm then too :)